Code of Conduct
Coaches and managers
All coaches and managers are expected to:
- Attend the Junior Team Managers course and obtain the relevant qualification within their first six months of appointment as manager/coach as a minimum requirement. This is to include the first aid course as part of the certificate.
- Fill out a self-declaration form and an FA personal disclosure form.
- Place the well being and safety of each player above all other considerations.
- Ensure they, their team and parents act in a sporting and responsible way towards the opposition supporters, referee and opposing team. Any player or parent not doing so will be disciplined by the committee as it sees fit.
- Ensure the team is kitted out in club colours (blue and black) at all times except where there is a clash of colours, when a reserve strip (preferably yellow and green) may be used.
- Ensure all players wear shin pads.
- Ensure all appropriate, safe, training equipment is used at all times and follow goal-post safety guidelines as set out by the FA.
- Ensure that a suitably stocked first aid kit is available at all times for both training sessions and matches.
- Be mindful of the physical and mental well being of each child when planning training sessions and be aware of a child’s physical limitations within the team frame-work.
- Abide by The Football Association’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures, Codes of Conduct and Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination Policy.